Thursday, January 15, 2009

Getting to know me...

The Role of Contrariety (30-31). How comfortable do you feel expressing an opinion that you know others will disagree with?

I do not favor being the odd man out but have no problem voicing my differences if the situation arises. However, I can usually calculate how much my opinion would effect a situation. Thus, if I feel that it is a waste of my time I usually leave the issue alone, but if there is a conversion around people I feel must understand my value, moral, academic, etc. stand than I participate.

Cheek and Irony (32-33). How comfortable do you feel making fun of yourself? How do you feel about mocking other people?

I think it is healthy to laugh at yourself; of course, there is a limit but being able to let a few things run of the court is perfectly fine. However, mocking other people is completely different. I have never understood the interest or value of demeaning another person. In fact, I will never forget when one of my teachers in elementary school explained that people who mock others are only do such to compensate for their personal lack of confidence. Of course, now I have heard that explanation a trillion times but regardless of how many times you hear it, it never changes the truth. To this day, every time I hear someone mocking another I view them as weak and insecure.

No comments:

Post a Comment